Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Serenity

I know that Proverbs 31 is a lot to live up to, but my beautiful wife, even though she won't admit it, is as close as any woman I have ever met. Ultimately, her greatest attribute is that she chases after Jesus.

Let's dissect this passage:


v. 11 - The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain.

I have never trusted someone as much as her, she loves me unconditionally and that allows me to freely love her. She told me yesterday that she would "follow me anywhere," which makes my heart leap because I know she means it and I don't have to fight the feeling that she may leave me or undermine me.

v. 12 - She does him good and not evil All the days of her life.

She is always looking to do good for me, she is considerate and loving - never evil.

v. 20 - She extends her hand to the poor, Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.

Obviously this is one of her passions, and she has become a better wife and mother because of it (as well as grown closer to Jesus).

v. 26 - She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness.

She is my anchor, my helpmate, she gives me insight and wisdom, she calms me when I'm angry and gives me understanding when I don't see.


v. 28 - Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also. . .

Although they don't always show it, Avery, Ally and Eva love her deeply and every day that will grow.

v. 30 - Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.

(although unbelievably beautiful and always will be in my eyes, I will save the Song of Solomon blog post for just me, go read it though and you will get a taste of what I think of her beauty - especially chapter 4 ;). My wife fears the LORD. Her testimony (which is actually His testimony in her) reflects her love for Jesus.

Who can find a virtuous wife? I see her every day - thank you Babers for loving me, loving our children, and most of all, for loving and chasing Jesus! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Kristian and Katy said...

just read this... how wonderful and beautiful!!

we hope to meet serenity someday soon :)