Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kinda crazy

So, we're pondering the idea that we may not have our house sold, we may not have an RV, and we may still have a dog by the time June 16th rolls around. And the question comes, "so do we still go?"
For a variety of reasons my flesh wants to say "no" to that question. But I am starting to see that God doesn't necessarily speak through the things of this world. He can, because He can do anything. But I am understanding more that He speaks through His Spirit, to our hearts and minds. He has called us to go whether our house sells or not. He can and will make a way. If anything, we will drive across the US in our van, setting up camp where we can and finding fellow believers to take us in. Heck, he sent the disciples out two by two with nothing more then their clothes on their backs and maybe food for the next meal. I'm not saying He is asking the same for us. What I am saying is that we can't let the things of this world stop us from obeying the call God has on our lives. The things of this world will try to stop us and unfortunately, has stopped many.
Staying until our house sells sounds very logical and safe, as a mother of 3. But does He always call us to do safe and logical things? Something in my spirit feels at peace with placing our family, this call to life change, my small children, and all the little details into my Fathers' hands. He is calling each and everyone one of His children into deep relationship with Him, trusting Him, and being certain in the things we do not see.
Well, my faith is being stretched, to say the least. But until God places a brick wall up around me, I will continue to follow the direction He is leading us. I will NOT allow the prince of this world to sway me! At this moment, I feel safe stepping into darkness because I am following the Light.
Lord, give us eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to follow even when our "plans" fail. Give us more revelation of Jesus who lives in us and the Kingdom that we are called to live out here on earth. And most importantly, give us courage and strength to deny our flesh and take up our cross for Your sake. AMEN!!

3 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

what awesome encouragement!! im really excited to see what happens :)

Sheila said...

I'm so glad to see you guys resisting the enemy's ploys...He's on a short leash! The Father's only proving your faith in all this! Awesome. Prayin' for you guys. Prayin' that somehow my husband would be open to welcoming you all into our home here in Goodyear, AZ, sometime in the future!

Also, I don't know if this blog is a place you want to post blogging awards, but I recently posted an award to other mommy bloggers who demonstrate a desire to lead their own children to Christ, and I've given you Serenity, along with some other mommas, this award at my Timothy Moms blog. I'd love for you to just receive it as encouragment. I see what you're doing as a mom in obeying Jesus as being one of the more powerful examples of living a life of genuine faith before our children and teaching them the scriptures like Timothy's mom and grandma did.

So, happy Mother's Day to you!
Sheila

2nd Chance Grace said...

You guys are in our prayers! Our doors are open here in Boise! Just food for thought a friend of ours sold her house on craigslist.com got full price and sold it in 3 wks. You might want to try it. God bless!