Sunday, May 25, 2008

girls weekend




This weekend was good. Sometimes the grown up, boring part of me takes over the foot-loose and fancy free part of me. I just need to give myself a noogie on the head sometimes.
Ally and I had a special girls weekend just her and I. Andy took Avery and the new rig over to the beach with some buddies and Eva spent the weekend with Nana and Papa (my parents).

So I made the weekend free and took Ally out on the town, doing her favorite things:

We painted. (at one of those paint-your-own-pottery places)
We ate donuts. (at the Lake Oswego farmers market)
We pet almost every doggie we saw. (had the "we don't pet dogs unless we ask the owners first" talk)
We got some bento for lunch.
Ate our bento at the park.
She showed me all of her fancy tricks on the play structure.
We ventured over to Tim and Jenn's. (they are officially out of their house and in Tim's parents!)
Ally swam. (with her best friend Abbey at their fabulous neighborhood pool!)
Ate ice cream sandwiches with best friend Abbey.
Went home and Ally crashed out in the car.
5:30pm rolls around and Ally is still asleep, so I jostle, tickle, swing her around for a good half hour to rouse her from slumber.
We eat mac and cheese.
Ally bounced on our neighbor's big bouncy party thing. (they just happened to be having a party that night and I joined for a little bit just so Ally could bounce :)
Ally takes a good splashy bath.
We snuggle up on the couch to watch Lady and the Tramp. (classic!)
We drag ourselves to mommy and daddy's bed to have a slumber party.
Both of us are out for the count by 9:30pm!
Whew!
Today was a little slower but filled with good stuff too!
Tea party after church.
Made a big honkin' fort.
Played "save the puppy" and kicked some bad guys butts for a while.
Colored. (in our fort)
Watched Dumbo.
And then Eva Diva came back home!

Ally wasn't quite ready to share mommy again but reality does have it's quirks- I think she realized she missed her little sis.
I was so glad to have a chance to fill up my Ally-gator's love bucket a little. She was needing it. I was needing it too. Over the weekend she said to me, "This is so great mommy- just you and me." I love that. I think my love-bucket was filled too.
Note: This post is not a bit on what a great mommy I am. I, unfortunately have not been happy, happy, fun-time mommy lately. And I just needed to get this down for memory's and grandparents sake.
Of course I forgot to bring the camera when we were out on the town yesterday but I got a few pics of today.

Ally crossing her eyes. She does this at random moments- often when I'm trying to tell her something serious.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the 'Ally Look'!!!

Mama in Uganda said...

Thanks for sharing about your special weekend--too sweet! With my three little girls I often forget that they need mommy time, alone! I appreciate the reminder. And praise the Lord as you press on and press in. Keep your eyes on eternity and let HIS LOVE compel you.

Kristian and Katy said...

this is adorable! loved hearing about your weekend!