Friday, May 2, 2008

Let's fight!

You thought I was going to spill the beans again and give you the juice on Andy and I, huh? Nope.
I AM going to share how I have felt the call to fight though.
During the last week Satan has kicked it up a knotch, doing what he can to discourage and condemn. Honestly, it has been a bit of a rough week but it has also been a victorious week! I am thankful to have friends and family praying on our behalf, and more than thankful to have the Holy Spirit in my heart realigning me when I get off course.
I'm reading The Nature of God by Graham Cooke and wanted to share a portion with you all because this is what I am learning.....
"When God is cemented at the fore of our hearts, we see our relationship deepen in ways we never thought possible. There is a place in the Holy Spirit set aside for every one of us where we can make the enemy tired, depressed, weary, confused, and exasperated. It's a place where our relationship with God has a profound effect on the enemy and the people we live amongst. What we think about God can shatter the hold of darkness on our friends and family. Our intimacy with God should be our most intimidating weapon against the enemy. We have all seen people trying to operate in authority when they just don't have it- it's painful to see. As well-trained charismatic Christians, we think getting louder is how we should try and take authority. But our authority comes out of who we are in Christ, and our capacity to intimidate the enemy comes out of our intimacy with God."
Wow. Our authority comes out of who we are in Christ.
You see, somehow my heart and mind had started setting itself on June 16th. And just recently the possibility that this date is uncertain (which it always has been :)) has sort of caught me off guard, causing me to freak out a little. This date has been my security, as odd as it sounds- something to hold onto in the midst of changing our life completely. With the house not selling, nobody offering to adopt our dog, and no RV in sight with a month and a half left to go till June 16, the enemy has had a hay day with my mind. No, I am not completely losing it, but the Peace of God got dim for about a week and worry and anxiety started to camp out.
So, here we go again.
But this time God gave me a new perspective. This is not about me AT ALL. It's about Satan trying to get at God, by aiming arrows at us. We are in between the two. But again, it is our Savior who steps in and takes it for us. And our authority comes out of who we are in Christ. Our Father who is in complete control and stands over Satan has sent His Son to come and intervene those arrows that are aimed at us. We can either take the arrows ourselves and get knocked down or we can acknowledge Christ who lives in us to take the arrows for us so He can throw them back at the enemy.
So, my prayers lately have not been on the house, the dog, or the RV. They have been focused on asking for more revelation of Christ in me. God can figure out the rest and I have peace in that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your fight brother! We all must face our fears and the arrows of the enemy as we walk behind our Christ! my prayers are with you and your family.

Jamie said...

Hi Serenity! I just re-found your blog and wanted to say hello! I will pray for you and your family! I have some friends, who we attend church with, that have a RV dealership in Hillsboro. I'm not sure of their recent status, but business has been difficult for them and they might be selling RV's for a great price. You should look them up-Pacific Campers and Outfitting.
Bless you as you strive to love and serve our Lord!
Love, Jamie Lineburg