Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sava's Question

Picture in your mind this question being asked, with the most sarcasm and cynicism a 17-year-old can muster: "Hey Coulombe, what are you going to do when the money runs out, rely on Jesus?"

The Christianese answer is obvious (picture an older fellow, with a gigantic King James Version in one hand and flannel board in the other): "Why yes Sava, the Good Lord will provide."

My own flesh asks me what the heck I am getting into. But really we have no other choice, as my good buddy Seth has said a bunch of times, "if God is asking you to do something, you better do it."

I process a lot Sunday mornings during worship. God kinda puts "warp-speed" on, and the ideas and thoughts begin to run faster, then faster, until the stars start to blur and everything is going too quick for me to comprehend, the bigness of my God overwhelms me and a sense of peace flows down from the top of my head to my toes. It's like He downloaded new perspectives into me -- all of this while I worship a God that I cannot even begin to understand. Last Sunday during this time I began to ponder Sava's question, and then, not seconds later, the Lord placed the answer on my lips in the lyrics of this song:

Everyone needs compassion
Love that’s never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations

Saviour
He can move the mountains
For my God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Shine Your light and
Let the whole world see
We’re singing
For the glory of the risen King
Jesus

Mighty To Save by Reuben Morgan

Well, there is the answer, and to tell you the truth, I think Sava reads my blog.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I love that song! I figure that He's going to have to save us a lot. We just got to get use to it.