Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chalk Drawings

I'm not really even into art that much, but this guy's artwork amazes me, and I thought I might share him with some of you. Who knows, I'm so out of things culturally, that maybe everybody knows about this guy and I'm just now seeing his art.


Anyways, I came across this guy a few years back, and his artwork is simply amazing. His name is Julian Beever and he is an English artist who draws with chalk on sidewalks and other public spaces. He uses depth and space to give his drawings a realistic, life-like, 3D illusion.




The woman really isn't that small :)






People were actually walking around the "hole" in the ground.








The attention to detail even to the point of the ripples in the water.







I like this one the best. He seems to like to be in his own art.



The leg seems to be going straight up in the air. . . . .

But when you look at it from the wrong perspective it looks strangely distorted.

No comments: