Sunday, March 23, 2008

He has risen!

The revolution has begun.


A revolution that asks the first to be last.
One that asks for me to love my enemies.
One that is fueled by love, not power.
One that trusts this message to a handful of fishermen.

A revolution that asks us to be small - not big.
One that is quiet, and subversive.
One that spreads like yeast through dough.
One that asks me to give up everything to receive everything I truly need.

A revolution that began with a man from nowhere.
One that was rooted in the line of Judah, who sold his brother into slavery.
One that eats with sinners and calls out the religious.
One that embraces the poor and rebukes the rich.

A revolution that touches the leper.
One that accepts the thief.
One that forgives the betrayer.
One that sees you and me as sons and daughters.

He has risen indeed!
And the revolution continues. . . . . .

No comments: