Saturday, January 5, 2008

Obe Won Kenobi


One of our prayer requests has been that someone would adopt our dog Kenobi when we leave for our trip. I'll admit, Serenity has been praying harder for this one. I love this guy. He is my best buddy and even though I don't have as much time for him as I should, I still love him and it would be very hard for me to give him up. I am actually working on Serenity to possibly take Kenobi with us - he offers a lot of things, mainly protection on the road, and would be a great icebreaker when approaching the homeless ;) Right?


That being said, I do desire a better home for him, someone with lots of acreage, and a love for dogs. Kenobi has one major flaw: 3 years ago he was attacked by some pit bulls (his fight-or-flight instinct kicked in, he fought and then ran towards the safest refuge) since that incident, he has not got along with other dogs. Got along is actually an understatement, he attacks most dogs he sees. He is awesome with kids however, and has never been aggressive towards any of our three. I think some of his anger towards other dogs is that he is trying to protect us. He is an Alaskan Malamute mixed with what we think is Australian Shepherd, and weighs in at a lean 128 lbs. We have had him since he was a puppy, and we both have a pretty deep connection with him.


My actual prayer is that someone would be willing to "temporarily" adopt him so that when we return we can reunite our long friendship! This family will need to be very flexible since we do not know exactly how long we will be gone, and "temporarily" might turn into "permanent."


You do not need to have Star Wars tattoos, or even like Star Wars, but it might be advantageous to keep the name. You also need to be willing for us to tell you "no" because we don't feel comfortable with your set-up, or because I was able to talk Serenity into the benefits of a 128 lb dog in a 30ft. RV.

1 comment:

Jace said...

Mr. Coulombe

I am sad to hear about your dog, I hope you will be able to find a family to take him for a temporary time. I know what it is like to lose a pet that is close to you for a long time period. I hope you and your family can have a safe trip and help as many people as you can. I am sorry for what I said in class.

Jace