Monday, April 30, 2012

Vegetable Oil Conversion Installment #2

While I wait for the diesel conversion to be completed, I have been ordering veggie conversion parts and contemplating the new system. I've also been busy installing a 330 gallon IBC tote in my garage: 
(Notice how I have already poured some veggie oil in?  That is 45 gallons and it barely filled it past the spigot.)

I had to figure out adapters for bringing the 2 in. thread of the IBC down to a 3/4 in. fuel hose, and I found this at my local hardware store, Long Bros. here in Woodburn:
I have a 20 ft. fuel hose and auto shut-off nozzle on order from Northern Tools.  Not too long and I'll be set up to transfer fuel from my filtering location:
 . . . to my IBC tote and then be able to pump directly into my Vanagon.


2 comments:

Mom said...

Cool!!

Unknown said...

good blog that is a really good job