Friday, January 15, 2010

Jah puts His soldiers everywhere

After Serenity and I had the opportunity to share at Grace Chapel last Sunday a friend of mine, who is on staff at Grace, told me I had to see this video. He linked to it on his blog as well. The video is set in Atlanta, Georgia. The guitarist and lead singer is Carlos Whittaker of Integrity Worship and is an artist and pastor at Buckhead Church which is part of a large church in the ATL. He was filming a new music video and a man walked up to him and started singing along. Interesting side note: while on our journey, we actually parked in the parking lot of Christian Church Buckhead, which is not Buckhead Church, but is obviously frequently confused with it. :)

Here is what Carlos says about the encounter on his blog: ragamuffinsoul.com.

If you listen carefully at the end you hear me saying this to Danny:

“Keep trying to make it man.”

He looked me square in the eye…cocked his head sideways with a confused look on his face…and said,“Trying to make it? No man. I ain’t trying to make it…I’m making it. Jah puts His soldiers everywhere. Jah says, Yea 'though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death'… He places some of us, in that valley.”

It reminded me of a post I did while in Charlotte, North Carolina about Jo-Rob. I encourage you to read it, but the basic jist is that in our society we are so focused on trying to "fix" others that we miss the point that God might be making. We may actually be working against the Kingdom of God. Maybe God doesn't want us all to have houses, jobs and comfort, maybe God puts His soldiers everywhere, even in the valley of the shadow of death. Before we try to fix someone, maybe we should simply try to love them first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh jeeze---that was a beautiful moment of God's grace 'n glory coming together! Thanks for the video. Now I gotta go fix my makeup again--grrr! :) BTW--the pics of kids are adorable==and the one of Luci, welllll, awwwww! Loveyou, Patti Iverson

Emie Kay said...

LOVE this and TOTALLY agree.