Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Buy from Koinonia

Listen up people, because this is the first and possibly the last time I will suggest that you purchase anything (I'll leave that to every guy in my life group, minus Tats). Koinonia Farm sells their products online and through mail order (I guess you could purchase it in person too, but I don't think many of my readers live in rural southern Georgia). Go to their website (www.koinoniapartners.org) to find their catalog. Their main agricultural product is pecans, and they use it in chocolate, brittle, cake, and other candies. Don't like pecans, that's OK, they also sell peanut butter, party snack mixes, chocolate without pecans, free-trade coffee, which is very good, and much more. I had some chocolate and I don't think I will ever look at a Hershey bar quite the same.

Any proceeds go towards helping the people in the greater community of Americus, Georgia. This was the birthplace of Habitat For Humanity, and they have many ministries that reach out to the community such as a home repair ministry called Heart to Heart and a community outreach center that offers classes and counseling to all ages from youth to the elderly. You can go to their website for more information on all of this.

You couldn't do much better with your spending: helping people in need as you eat chocolate. Americans spend approximately $282 billion on Christmas gifts, that breaks down to $935 per person. Buy some pecans from Koinonia and do your part :)

1 comment:

Read More said...

Great post! Thanks for the mention of Koinonia. Keep us in your prayers as you will certainly be in ours on yourtravels.

Blessings
Jerry
Koinonia Farm
www.JourneyAmerica.Wordpress.com