Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Loss for words

I have been at a loss for words lately. It's not that I haven't had good ideas to write about, I just haven't had the desire to write them. So, I'll plagarize some really good stuff I have been reading from Oscar Romero, he called himself the "humble echo of God" and from what I have read, I agree:

Here are two messages he used in his sermons prior to his martyrdom

Christianity is not a collection of truths to be believed,
of laws to be obeyed,
of prohibitions.
That makes it very distasteful.
Christianity is a person,
one who loved us so much,
one who calls for our love.
Christianity is Christ.

We should not wonder that a church
Has a lot of cross to bear.
Otherwise, it will not have a lot of resurrection.
a church that seeks prestige
without the pain of the cross,
is not the authentic church of Jesus Christ.

I have been thinking a lot about what our calling is, and the Lord has given me the same words over and over again - you should be "agents of resurrection." We should be bringing LIFE with us everywhere we go. Life is the redemtive power of Jesus Christ through the blood of the cross. Are we bringing that Jesus with us? If we are, we should be filled with grace-giving, poor and marginalized-loving, peace-embracing LIFE! We should be filled with Jesus, Life!

No comments: